Rutgers is a place for big ideas.
You’ll share the excitement as our faculty brings firsthand knowledge and fresh perspectives into the classroom. Even first-year students
learn from star professors in a special seminar program that connects our senior faculty with our newest students. Rutgers’ impressive faculty
- Almost 2,650 professors think great thoughts across the Camden, Newark, and New Brunswick campuses.
- Nearly all Rutgers professors—99%—hold a Ph.D. or other terminal degree.
- The low 1-to-14 faculty-to-student ratio ensures close contact with professors.
- An impressive 49 professors advise the public and the federal government as members of the National Academies and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- Research by Rutgers professors attracted $310 million in sponsored funding last year alone.
- Rutgers holds almost 450 patents, testifying to the innovative work of our faculty.