Make a smooth transition.
At some point in your college search you’ll start wondering how
—you’ll fit in at Rutgers. Will you make friends? have fun? like your classes? find your place? At Rutgers, you’re sure to find your place because there’s so many places to be.
Rutgers is made smaller by its many communities and has a carefully developed network of formal support systems to connect you with everything we offer:
- New Student Orientation ensures you're part of the community even before you start classes, with winter and summer sessions designed to welcome you.
- Residence Life will make you feel at home, with special programming for first-year students.
- Student Life promises you’ll get involved.
- Rutgers Learning Communities bring together like-minded students to share in each others; discoveries.
- Rutgers Learning Centers ease the adjustment to college-level study with a slate of academic services.
- One-to-one academic advising with deans from your school and professors from your department.
You’ll find multiple layers of personal support—and the perfect place to be.