If you plan to study in the U.S. on an F-1 student visa or are currently in the U.S. on a student visa, you will require the Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant Student Status. Rutgers will issue your I-20 once you accept our offer of admission.
Contact us at RUinternational@admissions.rutgers.edu if you have questions or concerns.
To obtain your I-20 from Rutgers, you must:
- Accept our offer of admission at your Rutgers Status.
- Complete the Rutgers International Student Financial Statement (ISFS).
- You may preview a filled-out sample form for assistance.
- Submit financial documentation to accompany the Rutgers International Student Financial Statement. Acceptable forms of financial documentation are outlined in the ISFS.
- F-1 students currently studying in the U.S. only: submit the Rutgers International Student Adviser’s Report (ISAR) completed by your international student adviser.
Once you have obtained your I-20 from Rutgers, you will:
- Visit the U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement student website for important next steps.
- Pay your I-901 SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) fee, mandated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Apply for a visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate.
- Prepare for your arrival in the U.S. and plan to attend Rutgers' International Student Orientation.