Rutgers–Newark is a proud and integral part of Rutgers University bringing excellence in education, research, and opportunity to northern New Jersey for over a century. Newark is more than a place where our students learn and study, or where our faculty and staff come to work every day; it is our neighborhood...a city whose cultural diversity enriches the educational experience for all.
Rutgers–Newark’s location in the downtown business, education, and cultural arts district gives students all the excitement of a rich urban lifestyle. The Rutgers–Newark campus— residential, and easy to walk — is adjacent to other higher education institutions, making for a dynamic collegiate community.
Choosing an urban university such as Rutgers–Newark is an intellectual adventure. You and your classmates will explore historic neighborhoods, embrace community-based experiential learning, and take full advantage of neighbors like:
- Aljira, a Center for Contemporary Art
- Bears and Eagles Riverfront Stadium
- Gateway Complex
- Military Park
- Newark Museum
- Newark Penn Station for a quick train hop to New York City
- Newark Public Library
- New Jersey Historical Society
- New Jersey Performing Arts Center
- Prudential Center (concerts and hockey)
- University Heights Science Park
Undergraduate applicants may apply
directly to these Rutgers-Newark schools: