Apply to the Education Opportunity Fund (EOF) program in four steps:
- Apply for undergraduate admission to Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- Submit the supplemental EOF application (first-year students only)
- The information on the EOF Application is used to make a preliminary determination of your eligibility for the New Jersey EOF program in the Rutgers Admissions Pre-Screen Process.
- All fields must be completed
- If you and/or your parent(s) reported taxable income on a federal tax return in 2016 or received nontaxable income during 2016, you will need to refer to copies of this tax return and/or statements in order to complete this application.
- Rutgers reserves the right to request copies of these documents with all schedules and worksheets at any time during the preliminary eligibility process.
- Mail the completed EOF Application and requested documents to: Office of University Undergraduate Admissions Operations Center, 65 Davidson Road, Room 202, Piscataway, NJ 08854-8097.
- Submit the 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application (NJAFAA)
- Priority date for financial aid application submission is December 1, 2018.
- All requested documents must be submitted to the Rutgers Office of Financial Aid prior to the start of the EOF Summer Institute to complete the FAFSA or NJAFAA verification process. Visit the Rutgers Office of Financial Aid online at financialaid.rutgers.edu for more information.
- Male students (ages 18-25) must register for Selective Service by mail, online www.sss.gov or by requesting to register when filing the FAFSA or NJAFAA.
If you are a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen (permanent U.S. resident with a valid Permanent Resident Card I-551 or I-551C, I-94, T-visa or other qualified status for Title IV federal aid eligibility),submit your 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the federal processor
- To submit your FAFSA online, create an FSA ID, which gives you access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems and can serve as your legal signature
- To submit your FAFSA by mail, download the FAFSA PDF
- Complete all NJ State grant questions
- Ensure that Rutgers receives your FAFSA from the federal processor by including the Rutgers federal school code 002629
- Please Note: You and your parents are required to submit your filed 2017 federal IRS tax return, nontaxable income statements, and asset verification documents to complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA. The student’s full name and 9-digit Rutgers University Identification (RUID) number must be written on these documents/statements.
- Tip: The IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT) is an easy and secure way to access and transfer tax return information directly onto the FAFSA form.
If you are an undocumented NJ DREAMer (Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors) who meets all of the eligibility requirements for state aid
- Submit your completed 2019-2020 New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application (NJAFAA) to the Higher Education Student Assistance Authority (HESAA) online at www.hesaa.org
- Ensure that Rutgers receives your NJAFAA from HESAA by including the Rutgers federal school code 002629 in Section H.
- Please Note: You and your parent(s) must use your filed 2017 federal IRS tax return and nontaxable income statements to complete the 2019-2020 NJAFAA and answer NJ State specific questions within the form. You and your parent who provided the information listed in Section D of the NJAFAA must sign the form.
- You must complete the Rutgers Nonresident Tuition Exemption Application and Affidavit stating you have filed an application to legalize your immigration status or will file an application, as soon you are eligible to do so, in compliance with the NJ Nonresident Tuition Exemption Policy.
- You must have attended a New Jersey high school for at least three (3) years and you must submit your official high school transcript(s) including all courses and grades to date along with the completed Rutgers Nonresident Tuition Exemption Application and Affidavit to the Office of University Undergraduate Admissions Operations Center, 65 Davidson Road, Room 202, Piscataway, NJ 08854-8097.
- Scholarhips for DREAMers
- Create a user ID and password for the New Jersey Financial Aid Management System (NJFAMS)
- You must monitor this account throughout the academic year for status updates and document requests from Higher Education Student Assistance Authority (HESAA) for state aid eligibility.
- If you are selected for State verification by HESAA, you must also submit all requested documents directly to HESAA to ensure eligibility for both TAG (Tuition Aid Grant) and EOF (Educational Opportunity Fund) grants.
Preliminarily eligible, first-year, EOF Scholars may be disqualified based upon the results of the FAFSA, NJAFAA, or New Jersey State grant verification process and may be removed from the EOF program and denied admission and/or have their enrollment cancelled. For complete details, visit the Rutgers Office of Financial Aid.