About EconomicsThe Economics program is designed to provide a general understanding of the functioning of the economic system and the role of institutions, groups, and regions within that system. Students will learn about the production and consumption of goods and the transfer of wealth to obtain those goods. There are several concentrations unique to economics such as Behavioral Economics; Data Analysis and Quantitative Methods; Financial Markets; Health, Healthcare, Management, and Health Policy; International Development; Public Policy and Environmental Analysis; and Strategic Behavior. As one of the most dynamic majors within Rutgers University--Camden, there is a wide range of career opportunities with a major in Economics.
- Behavioral Economics
- Data Analysis and Quantitative Methods
- Financial Markets
- Management and Health Policy
- International Development
- Public Policy and Environmental Analysis
- Strategic Behavior
- Collegiate DECA
- Economics Society
- The development of critical thinking skills and the accumulation of factual knowledge.
- Application of critical thinking to factual knowledge and the development of effective decision making skills.
- The development of an understanding of microeconomic and macroeconomic theory and their application to the economic sub-fields.
- The development of an understanding of basic statistics, econometrics and regression analysis and their application in applied research.
- Offer a diverse selection of courses to foster a broad knowledge base within the field of economics.
Dual Degree Program
This accelerated Dual Degree Program at Rutgers University–Camden is designed to help students graduate with a Master’s degree within five years. The combined Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Master of Business Administration in the School of Business–Camden [SBC] prepares students for professional careers in economic and business fields or for further study in law or doctoral programs. It also provides the training and credentials necessary for career advancement in the public sector. Whether students wish to move directly into the job market or to pursue another degree, the Master’s degree provides a clear, competitive edge.
There is also an accelerated BA/MPA program that allows students to take three graduate level classes while they are still enrolled as undergraduates. The combined Bachelor of Arts in economics and master of public administration in the graduate Department of Public Policy and Administration prepares students for professional careers in government and public service or for further study in law or doctoral programs. It also provides the training and credentials necessary for career advancement in the public sector. Whether one wishes to move directly into the job market or to pursue another degree, the master’s degree provides a clear, competitive edge.