About Education (Teacher Certification)
Imagine being able to make a difference in the lives of future generations. Our five-year teacher education programs allow you to do just that - change education for the better! You begin by majoring in an appropriate discipline for your bachelor's degree and apply to the five-year program in your junior year. Once enrolled, you will:
- Begin your study of professional education at the Graduate School of Education
- Complete a student-teaching internship
- Gain knowledge through an equal balance of practical, hands-on learning, and classroom experiences in local schools
- And finally...earn a bachelor's and a Masters of Education (Ed.M.) degree in only five years!
Our nationally recognized faculty has particular strengths in early education, literacy development, educational equity and social justice, and math and science learning and teaching. Through collaborations with scholars and educators—throughout Rutgers and across the education spectrum—they are bringing innovative, interdisciplinary solutions to the nation’s most pressing education issues.
Related Programs and Degrees
- Education as a Social Science