About Industrial and Systems Engineering
Oversee the design of an industrial plant. Streamline operations in a hospital. Get products into the marketplace more quickly and with higher quality and reliability. Industrial and systems engineers devise ways to make products and services better, safer, easier to use, less expensive, and more energy efficient.
At Rutgers, you’ll work in multi-disciplinary project teams in modern labs that specialize in robotics, machine vision, manufacturing, automated material handling, quality engineering, electronic and sensor devices, simulation, and computer information systems. Through our co-op internship program you’ll gain real-world experience in corporate or industrial settings.
Your senior year will include a capstone course where you will assess market needs and build systems that can meet those needs in innovative ways. Recent senior projects include:
- A 3-D printer for fabricating fiber-reinforced materials
- A UAS that can assist with beach cleanup
- A fully automated, multilayer cupcake production machine
- An oxygen tanks that follows a person requiring oxygen and tracks vital sign
Related Programs and Degrees
- B.S. /B.A. or B.S. Dual Degree Program with the School of Arts and Sciences
- 5-year B.S./Master’s Degree