About Pharmacy (6-year Pharm.D.)
Pharmacy is a health care profession concerned with the management of drug therapy in patients, the compounding and dispensing of medications, and the generation and transmission of knowledge about the proper selection and use of drugs and their effects on humans and animals.
Our six-year program focuses on patient-centered care and includes opportunities to engage in research with renowned scientists in some of the world’s most advanced university laboratories. As a Rutgers pharmacy student, you will:
- Take courses in toxicology, pharmaceutics, medicinal chemistry, pharmacy practice and administration, and chemical biology.
- Enjoy close mentorship from a faculty of top scientists and clinical practitioners, and a strong clinical experience program.
- Study in close proximity to pharmaceutical industry headquarters, in the heart of the eastern research corridor and within one hour of New York City and Philadelphia.
- Develop leadership skills through membership in our school's student government, fraternal, honorary, service, and professional organizations.
- Be prepared for exciting careers in community and institutional pharmacy, hospital and nursing home pharmacy, managed care, the biopharmaceutical industry, government agencies, academia, independent research institutes, and many others.