Rutgers logo
Undergraduate Admissions
  • Home
  • Information for Admitted Students

Students having conversation outside of Camden campus building

Next Steps for Admitted Students

Welcome new Scarlet Raptors to Rutgers University–Camden.

College Credits & Transfer Evaluations

First-Year Students

If you have taken any college-level courses, Advanced Placement tests, and/or International Baccalaureate exams, please send your official transcripts and/or score reports to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions in order to receive a credit evaluation.

Transfer Students

You will receive your initial transfer evaluation by email from Student Enrollment Services once you are admitted and all official transcripts have been received. An updated transfer credit evaluation will be sent after you accept your offer of admission.

Transfer credits may be awarded for courses taken at a regionally accredited college or university with a grade of C or better and are found equivalent to courses offered by Rutgers–Camden.

Credit evaluations can only be completed with official transcripts. Please submit your final official transcripts, including high school and/or GED results (if applicable), to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

Two students interact with a device

Take Your Placement Test

Placement tests are required for all new students who are not transferring a credit-bearing, college-level course in math and/or English. Student Enrollment Services will reach out regarding your required placement exams.

There are three types of placement tests.

  1. Math, which is required for any student who has not taken or transferred a college-level math course, except for students who have a score of 600 or greater on the mathematics section of the SAT exam or students who have a score of 27 or higher on the mathematics section of the ACT exam.
  2. English, which is required for all students who have not transferred a college-level English course, except for students who have a score of 500 or greater on the verbal/critical reading section of the SAT exam or students who have a score of 24 or higher on the English section of the ACT exam.
  3. Foreign language (Spanish, French, and German), which is required for College of Arts and Sciences students planning to continue in the language that they studied in high school.

First-Year Students

Placement tests are required for all first-year students and help determine which courses you will take your first semester. To best assist you, please inform us if you have completed or are currently taking a college-level math and/or English course, as this may exempt you from placement test requirements.

Transfer Students

Your transfer evaluation will indicate if you will need to take a placement exam in math, English, and/or a foreign language. If you have completed or are enrolled in a college-level math and/or English course at the time of admission, you may meet the exemption requirements for placement tests.

Participate in Orientation

Orientation programming features dynamic and interactive sessions that provide essential information to help you transition to Rutgers–Camden. These programs include:

  1. SOAR (Student Orientation, Advisement, and Regsitration): Meet with faculty and staff to plan your academic career, register for your first semester courses, and ensure that you stay on track with prerequisites. This program takes place after you have completed all required placement tests. Student Enrollment Services will reach out with information on signing up for your SOAR session.
  2. Raptor Welcome: During this exciting day of activities and events held in late August, you will meet your fellow Raptors and learn all about launching your Rutgers–Camden experience before classes begin in the fall. (Attendance at Raptor Welcome is required.)
Camden Dining Hall

Get Raptor Ready

Submit Immunization Records

Before the start of your first term, you must show proof of vaccines by submitting a Pre-Entrance Health Record form.

Request On-Campus Housing

Enjoy the convenience of being close to classes and activities.

Sign Up for a Meal Plan

Several options of Rutgers–Camden meal plans are available to both on-campus residents and commuters.

Register for Emergency Notifications

Receive text message alerts for campus closure, delayed opening, or other urgent notifications.

Obtain a Student ID Card

The RUconnection card is the primary form of photo ID throughout Rutgers. Use it to access campus facilities, the library, debit funds, and more. Get your ID card at the IMPACT Booth in the Campus Center.

Question About Next Steps?

Chat with us on our website, email us, or request an appointment with an admissions counselor.