What Is EOF?
The New Jersey Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) provides financial assistance and support services (i.e. counseling, tutoring, and developmental coursework) to students from educationally and economically disadvantaged backgrounds who attend participating institutions of higher education in the State of New Jersey.
Am I Eligible?
To participate in one of the multiple but distinct EOF programs at Rutgers, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Meet the academic criteria set by the Rutgers school you plan to attend
- Demonstrate an educationally and economically disadvantaged background
- Be a New Jersey resident for at least 12 consecutive months prior to fall semester enrollment
- Graduate from high school or receive the equivalent of a high school diploma by the time you register at Rutgers
- Fall within the financial criteria shown on the scale below
EOF Income Eligibility Scale with Asset Cap Calculation 2021-2022
I am a ...
Why Is EOF Important?
graduation rate for first generation and low-income students, which is above the national average of 26%
NJ is 1 of only 5 states that participates in EOF/EOP
Why Should You Apply for EOF?
Earn college credit while making friends and get a feel for what college is like before it starts with our five-to-six week program.
Get college smart with access to unique course offerings like tutoring, LSAT/GRE preparation, and specialized seminars.
Never feel alone throughout your college career. EOF counselors are there to provide personal and career advising.