What Is EOF?
The New Jersey Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) provides financial assistance and support services (e.g. counseling, tutoring, and developmental coursework) to students from educationally and economically disadvantaged backgrounds who attend participating institutions of higher education in the State of New Jersey.
Am I Eligible?
To participate in one of the multiple but distinct EOF programs at Rutgers, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Demonstrate an educationally and economically disadvantaged background
- Be a New Jersey resident for at least 12 consecutive months prior to first semester of Rutgers enrollment
- Apply to Rutgers and meet academic criteria set by the Rutgers school you plan to attend
- Graduate from high school or receive the equivalent of a high school diploma by the time you register at Rutgers
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application (NJAFAA)
- Have your (independent student) and your family's (dependent student) gross income and assets fall within the criteria on the scale below
EOF Income Eligibility Scale with Asset Cap Calculation 2022-2023
I am a ...
Why Is EOF Important?
graduation rate for first generation, which is above the national average of 54%
NJ is 1 of only 5 states that participates in EOF/EOP
Why Should You Apply for EOF?
Earn college credit while making friends and get a feel for what college is like before it starts with our summer program than can run for up to six weeks.
Get college smart with access to unique course offerings like tutoring, LSAT/GRE preparation, and specialized seminars.
Never feel alone throughout your college career. EOF counselors are there to provide personal and career advising.